Happy St. Patrick's Day!
I had to go grocery shopping last night after Lou and the boys came home from basketball practice (9:30 PM). When I got home, I realized that the next day was a holiday and I wasn't prepared to do anything fun for the kids. So. . .around 11:30 at night, I went back out to buy a few necessary items for St. Patrick's Day (green food coloring, etc.) I was so tired last night and not sure the effort was worth it until this morning when we had green pancakes, green eggs and green milk for breakfast. It was a hit!
Later on, I let the kids decorate graham crackers with blue frosting and colorful treats making a rainbow with a pot of gold at the bottom (peanut butter cups). Another hit--making late night and tired eyes worth it!
And, I treated myself to a salon day at my friend's house (a friend from Vegas was hoping to pay for her trip by doing hair at another friend's house while visiting). She highlighted and straightened my hair. I LOVE IT! It was so fun to be pampered this afternoon! :) By the way, if you look close enough, you'll see I got my first sunburn of the year! I was outside doing homework with the boys for about an hour. Nice side effect, eh? :)
Oh, I'll have to take pictures of the traps that the boys are making for the leprechaun! He'll probably leave them a silver candy coin in their traps--I have a hunch.
Labels: holiday



5 Comments:
I LOVE your hair! How fun to be pampered like that.
Man! Your kids are lucky! I totally forgot it was St. Patty's Day today. I'm bummed. I was with Mary and Mom all day. I am sure we could have come up with SOMETHING fun to do, if we had only remembered...
What a darling mom you are. I'm glad you got a chance to pamper yourself as well.
I didn't forget St. Patrick's day, I wore green, but I didn't figure it would mean anything to the kids so I didn't say anything. I guess we had a fun day outside which took the place of the food/craft fun things. I don't do those so well.
You look awesome! I love the blonde straight look. And I didn't have to look close at all to see the burn! :)
You are such a fun mom, really. It's amazing how much you do for your kids! They really are lucky! I love Isaiah's face with the crackers!
I LOVE your hair! Very cute and the highlights are great!
What fun to have a green breakfast and such a cute craft. How creative. Way to go.
You look so great! I can't see you without thinking of Heather these days!
Post a Comment
<< Home