Friday, March 05, 2010

Highlights

I taught Gehrig, Damian & Emma UNO this week. They have had more fun playing with each other! I'm so excited to have some kids old enough to start playing games with!

Gehrig is ever creating! Here is an airplane he made out of an old apple juice container and popsicle sticks and rubber bands!

Lately, Emma has been our early riser (sometimes getting up around 6:30 AM). She has been so sweet to just get crayons and color or read books quietly. The other morning there was quite a bit more noise than normal (banging, chair scooting, etc.). When I went downstairs to check on things, I found that Emma had fixed breakfast for the family. There were 6 bowls filled with cereal. It's exciting to see her growing up. I can't believe how much she's grown and how helpful she can be.
 
Posted by Picasa


Emma prayed that Daddy & Mamma would be respectful and good--when she was blessing the food. Funny, eh?

When I fixed a rip in Isaiah's "pee sheet". He put his hand on my shoulder and looked at me with complete adoration and said, "You're fixing my bed? THANK YOU! I love you Mama," and gave me a great big kiss! Man, it's good to get that kind of feedback, isn't it?

We were sitting close (so we all could see the TV) at the table eating dinner and watching The Brady Bunch (we don't always watch during our dinner, but sometimes it's fun to have some peace and quiet during dinner--if you know what I mean!) I guess I was resting my foot on Gehrig's foot. He said, "Your footrest has blood in it." :) He has quite a way with words, doesn't he?

I think I've told you about Damian's made up friend, Elfe, who periodically comes to our home and cleans. Today was Friday Friend Day (everybody got to invite a friend over to play) and as you can imagine, the house was quite a mess by the time the friends went home. I was in my bedroom for a little while and when I came out, every body's room had been cleaned--the house slicked up. Damian said he helped Elfe clean! What a cute kid! He loves to help--but mostly only in secret. In fact, it really ticks him off if I bust him cleaning. I think he and I are more alike than I've realized in the past. We both have really good intentions, but get a bit uptight when things don't go exactly as we have planned.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 9:31 AM, Blogger Camille said...

THat is so cute that Emma fixed dinner! See? You are teaching them by example and they are GETTING IT! I hope mine do! Yes, I think sometimes we have the hardest time with our kids who are the most like us. It's a funny thing, isn't it? I can't stand Quincy's micro-managing Katelynn, but what can I expect? I do it to him!

 
At 3:00 PM, Blogger Katie said...

I love reading these little things about your kids. Emma making breakfast is So cute!

 
At 10:22 AM, Blogger Mimi said...

What fun to see that your children are starting to get it!
How darling of Emma!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home