Friday, March 05, 2010

Basketball, basketball, basketball

We're up to our eyeballs in basketball--at least on Thursday evenings. Last night, Lou coached the boys' game at 7 (did I mention that I signed him up to coach their basketball team for 6 weeks?), took Damian with him to ref a stake men's finals game at 8 while I took the other 3 to my stake women's game at 8:30 and then I brought them all back to the stake center for Lou's game at 9:30! I'm excited to see the boys learning and enjoying the game! Damian kept himself busy by keeping tally marks of all the baskets made in the game. Emma and Isaiah keep busy coloring or doing puzzles.
 
I love how Damian is looking up at his Daddy.
 
Notice Emma nearly hugging Lou's leg. She loves to run back and forth along the sideline as he coaches.
 
Can you see both boys in this picture? Damian has gray pants on and Gehrig's at the bottom right with the white stripes on his pants. It's so funny to watch their games. I told Gehrig we need to shake him and Damian up in a jar b/c Damian is overly aggressive (you should see him guard on the defense and fight for the ball!) and Gehrig is overly passive (he's content to put his arms in the air and watch someone else get the ball--but he's pretty good to rebound because he has height on his side. He's one of the tallest players--even though some of them are as old as 12).
 
Posted by Picasa

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 9:28 AM, Blogger Camille said...

How fun! And it's only just begun! Wait til it gets serious...

 
At 2:54 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Fun! That's great that Lou is their coach!

 
At 10:06 AM, Blogger Mimi said...

This looks fun. Glad they are all on the same night. One night of basketball and the rest for other things. I hate it when EVERY night is taken for the same thing.
Gehrig is like Michael. Good, tall, and Mr. nice guy. He was in high school before he learned the concept of "aggressive" and even then, he was almost polite on the floor.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home