Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Gehrig's Creative Side

I found this note on Gehrig's door
.
In case you can't read it, it says, "Author and Illustrator's Room. Only! Please come in only if givin permition!" In the past month, Gehrig has decided that he wants to see himself published. :) He told me that he plans to write at least 8 poems and have them published. He gets much of his creative inspiration after he should be in bed (go figure!). He is also setting some of his poems to music, but I haven't had time to help him get it written. I have recorded them on video though, so we can write it later. I LOVE to see how much he loves to learn. He's not just a sponge--he actually figures things out himself and loves it! Here are a couple of samples of his work.

Posted by Picasa

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 1:43 PM, Blogger Elena said...

Wow, those are some pretty deep thoughts. You should print up a blurb book for him for Christmas with all his works. Then he'd be "published."

 
At 7:33 PM, Blogger Camille said...

Wow. Very deep. That kid amazes me. I think he is a genious! Good idea from Elena!

 
At 5:41 AM, Blogger Katie said...

Wow a third time! Did he really come up with those poems on his own? They seem way too advanced for a 7 year old! That's so impressive! Maybe we have another Mozart or Einstein on our hands!

 
At 6:20 PM, Blogger Claudia said...

Oh...My....Word!
Don't you let public school slow that boy down! or give him a negative image of himself....just because he can't sit still...or figure the playground rules out!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home