Sunday, October 19, 2008

Tracy Aviary and Liberty Park

The boys were out of school on Thursday and Friday for UEA, so MaryLynn and I and our 8 children decided to take our families to Tracy Aviary and then spend time at Liberty Park. We left around 10:15 AM and didn't get home until about 4:30. What a fun day! The weather was amazing! The kids had a blast! And I took WAY too many pictures. Sorry. . .They started out rolling down the first hill they saw on our way to the Aviary.
Then, they chased the ducks around and watched them in the water. (MaryLynn is holding her baby--in case you were wondering why there are only 7 children in this picture.)
Gehrig, Kimberly, Emma, Annie, Damian and Alex (To make things easier, I had Isaiah in a stroller and MaryLynn had Brittany in a stroller.)
Just thought this bird was interesting. . .funny looking!
After we visited the aviary, we at lunch on some grass near the cars (away from the park so they would eat before they played). And then, the real fun began. . .They had so much fun in this little playhouse. Damian was serving me the ice cream I ordered.I should have timed how long they stayed in each section of the park. They were here for a VERY long time. I'm still finding sand around my house! By the way, Gehrig made the "hand" in the bottom right picture. Isaiah was cracking up in this swing. I think he thought it was more exciting than other swings because it was so high up from the ground. And Emma would lean back with her arms out, close her eyes and squeal with excitement. Isaiah was mad when I finally took him out, but he kept standing up in the swing and a fall wouldn't have felt too good.
I love this shot of Gehrig. Isn't he a handsome monkey?

Again, they spent an amazing amount of time here. I was sure Isaiah would get hurt walking around inside this climbing gym, but it was actually Gehrig who got kicked in the eye. He's fine. Just another slight shiner (oh, I think I forgot to post about the golf club black eye-an accident from his brother D). Anyway. . .I was impressed with how well Emma was able to climb this. It's really meant for the older kids, but she and Isaiah had a blast on it too.Isaiah was quite brave for a little 16 month old. He kept climbing up to the very top and going down the big green slide. If you look closely, you can see him in the bottom right picture. Damian wanted me to take a picture of him up there too (top left). This was a pretty fun toy. I'm sorry I missed getting a shot of Damian on it. They each had a blast, even Isaiah. It scared some of the older kids, so I was impressed with how much fun Isaiah and Emma found it.There were even musical "instruments" to play.

Isaiah was asleep before I made it to the first stop sign. We wore the poor baby out! We picked up a couple of pizzas, made a green salad and a fruit salad and finished our day off at MaryLynn's house for dinner. What a fun day we had!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 6:17 AM, Blogger Katie said...

What a fun park! Sounds like you had a great day. I'm glad you have such a good friend to do these fun things with!

 
At 10:18 AM, Blogger Camille said...

How fun! I bet you passed out when you went to bed, too. Sounds like a lot of energy on your part, and well worth it for the kids!

 
At 9:18 PM, Blogger Sarah Lee said...

Looks fun, we haven't been there forever!
I loved your kiddie candids photos!

 
At 9:59 PM, Blogger The Harding Hive said...

What a great day. Those are my favorite kind of days. Great pics.

 
At 6:22 PM, Blogger Claudia said...

What fun! I love the enthusiasm with which your children do everything! (especially when it's outside....right?)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home