Damian's Ailments
On Wednesday, October 1st, Damian came screaming into the house that a bee had stung him. I put lavendar oil on it and he immediately felt better. I didn't think another thing about it until this evening, Thursday, October 2nd, when Lou asked me if I had noticed Damian's hand. Does it seem strange that he would swell up so much after the fact? Or that he could have been that swollen for a whole day and not notice it?
He also showed up from school with his eye looking like this. I asked him what happened and he couldn't think of anything. He said his teacher asked him the same thing. When I asked him if he got hit by a ball or something, he seemed to remember getting hit at recess. Not sure if that was because of the power of suggestion or if it really happened. Weird. Anyway. . .he feels pretty special this evening with all of his ailments!Since preparing this post (a day or so ago), Damian's swelling has gone down considerably and his eye is looking better. Crazy stuff!
Labels: Damian's ailments


3 Comments:
Good grief, SERIOUSLY the bees were out this last week. Alyssa got stung on her face and it swelled up so bad she looked like she had the mumps or wisdom teeth pulled. (And it's totally normal to swell up after the fact. Some people are just prone to more swelling than others.) Also, my blogger friend Queen's little boy got stung on his hand and it swelled up big too. Crazy stuff. And as for the eye, does he have allergies or anything and could have been scratching it? Weird.
I got stung by a wasp a few weeks ago on my hand too, by my thumb knuckle and my hand looked just like his! It hurt soooo baaad! It took a week or so to heal up!
Sad. We're glad he doesn't always have to look so bad.
Post a Comment
<< Home