Neighborhood Fire
It was so surreal (is that the word I'm looking for?) to hear a strange noise and look out our window to see our neighbor's house on fire. The kids wanted to get closer to look (it was 3 houses down from us, one row back).
We actually watched the flames for just a few minutes as the firefighters put the fire out. It's amazing how fast the damage happens. Luckily nobody was hurt. If you look at the pictures you can see the flames, heavy smoke and then the damage to the garage that we took pictures of the next day.
Gehrig wrote a neighborhood news article telling everybody about the fire and delivered it to several neighbors. I wish I had a copy to post. It was pretty accurate and interesting to read. I hope that this experience helps my little pyromaniacs to realize just how dangerous fire is (by the way, they don't seem to be pyromaniacs any more...)



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home