Home Again
I arrived home late Tuesday evening finding only Gehrig awake. It was so fun to open the door of my house and have him RUN and JUMP into my arms, squeezing me tight and saying, "I missed you SO much!"
The next morning, Isaiah was the first one awake. When I went into his room, he looked at me with great big puzzled eyes. Unfortunately, he was in serious need of a diaper change, so I couldn't immediately love him up. The whole time I was cleaning him up, he just looked at me with big eyes. When I put him on his back on the changing table to put his diaper on, he reached out to me and said simply, "Mom." When I picked him up, he gave me a tight squeeze and then just giggled. He came up to me every chance he could throughout the day to give me a great big hug! What a doll!!
Emma woke up next. When she saw me come into her room, she smiled and jumped into my arms. While she was squeezing me, she said, "You're home Mom."
I had to pick up some groceries, but when I got home, Damian was awake watching TV. He was so tuned into it, he didn't even look up when I walked in. I moved to his line of vision and when he saw me, he gasped and then ran into my arms. He said, "I almost forgot what you looked like."
I had been so worried about how the kids would receive me after being gone for so long, but I couldn't have been received better! Makes me want to leave again! Just kidding!
Although Lou isn't so exuberant with his welcome homes, he did let me know that he missed me and was happy to have me home. Having spent so much time alone with the kids, I would have thought that HE'D be the one running and jumping into my arms! :)
Labels: D.C.

5 Comments:
I'm so glad you posted this because I was wondering how it went. I literally teared up reading all of their responses (yes, it's the pregnancy hormones)! Damian's response just made me laugh. How fun to get such a reception!
that is so cute Angela! "I almost forgot what you looked like" so precious! loved how you shared each one of your kid's reactions!
Katie, I'm not pregnant, but I teared up at their responses too!
Kids are so loving. I love coming home after a trip too. Damian is so funny!
I love reading those reactions. I'm so glad you had the chance to get away from your daily duties and spend some time traveling and hanging out with Mason and Katie. It sounds like you were really missed. That always makes you feel good.
Post a Comment
<< Home