Preparing to Plant a Garden. . .
I love Damian and Emma's hands in the dirt here. Emma was sifting dirt through her fingers, but I didn't capture the moment.
Notice the shovel. Gehrig kept shoveling mounds of dirt and tossing them without care onto his little brother and sister.
I should have gotten a better picture of the dirt that was dumped on them, but you get the idea. . .
I've made small attempts each year that we've been here to have a garden, but without much success (probably planting in the heavily shaded, rocky, clay soiled flower beds was the biggest part of the problem). I convinced Lou to help me prepare a corner of our yard for a garden. We still have a lot of prep work, but hopefully we'll have a little more success this year. I want it to be Gehrig & Damian's garden (with a lot of help from me). We'll see. . .don't hold your breath. I don't seem to have a green thumb.



5 Comments:
Yeah! You finally get your garden! I hope it does well. And I hope the boys stay as interested as they have been. I bet they will, once they see things starting to grow. I hope I can find a place to plant a garden at my new house!
These are precious pictures. I am sure that the more time they spend constructively in the dirt, the less trouble they will have growing up!
Are you just doing veggies? I will admit I am so jealous... our yard is a wreck and it's driving me crazy! We do have a big spot on the south side of our house I have designated for a garden though, so now it's just getting sean to get it all ready for me.
What a great family activity. Now you need to wake them up at 6 in the morning and have them weed before they go to school like I had to do! I hope we can get a garden in in our new place in time for it to grow.
E
hey Angela! it was good to see you! So we are not able to make it to Jeremy's this weekend...I am trying to prepare kits for my grand opening next Saturday. {Jeremy also changed the blessing to Sunday} I don't know if Levi called to tell you, I told him! Do you have Jeremy's #? let me know if you need it!
Next time when we are down there we'll come visit!
Post a Comment
<< Home