Thursday, December 06, 2007

Gehrig's Class Party

Lou was able to come to Gehrig's class this afternoon and read to them. He read Max Lucado's book, Best of All. It's a great story everybody should read! The class kept laughing, so I finally asked them if the pictures were funny. They said, "No, it's the baby." They really got a kick out of Isaiah reading with Lou. Damian was a bundle of energy, so Gehrig's teacher got him set up on the computer to play games. She tried to do the same for Emma, but she didn't like the headphones. She went from one fun thing to the next, pulling out blocks, books, crayons, etc. The center picture is Gehrig choosing a gift from his teacher. The class wrote him a large birthday card next to that. If you can't read it, it says "Dear Gehrig, We think you are silly, nice and funny. You are very smart! Happy Birthday! I think he enjoyed having his family with him in class today. It was extra special to have his Daddy there with him!
Posted by Picasa

7 Comments:

At 3:48 PM, Blogger Camille said...

What a fun time for him! That's cute that Lou read to them all. And Isaiah looks so cute sitting there on his lap!

 
At 4:01 PM, Blogger Katie said...

What a great idea! I bet he did love having everyone there. It sounds like his day has been pretty fun so far and it's not even half way over! What a fun mom you are!

 
At 5:20 PM, Blogger Elena said...

That IS fun, to have the parent read a story. Do you remember Michael Barlow? His mom is Alyssa's teacher. He went to Cloverdale, but I think we went to Jr. High with him too.

 
At 10:27 PM, Blogger Claudia said...

These are heart warming pictures of your family. How wonderful of Lou to give of his time in this way for his boy! How blessed you are to havesuch a wonderful family!

 
At 5:10 PM, Blogger lissiemarie said...

Angela it is just amazing that just yesterday we were playing at the cabin together and our families were mom and dad and siblings. I hope we can get together during the holidays. We will be there in Idaho for New Years.

 
At 11:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Will you be spending time at the cabin while you're here? I was thinking it might be kind of fun to have New Year's Eve party with whomever will be in town. What do you think?

 
At 6:10 AM, Blogger Michael and Brinn said...

I love those pictures. That's awesome that Lou went into the class room to read. I'm sure Gehrig will always remember that. YOu're so good with making things extra special.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home