Home Sweet Home
Gehrig ripped a piece of his lunch sack at the park today to draw this cute picture. Of course, he had to find a real feather to add to it. I love the baby birds with their mouths wide open and the mother delivering the food--and the father on the lookout. He cracks me up!
Speaking of Gehrig, yesterday he asked me about an amoeba (some specific question I had no idea about). So. . .we checked it out on the internet. I began reading a bunch of terms (more words that I would have to look up to understand), my eyes glazed over with boredom (sorry, science isn't my thing) when I heard expressions from Gehrig that made me turn my head to look at him. His eyes were bright with wonder and excitement (like a child on Christmas morning) and he said, with great enthusiasm, "Thanks Mom!" He never ceases to amaze me with his inquisitive, active mind!
Gehrig made up this beautiful poem while on a walk between cabins in West Yellowstone.
Of the flowers and the roses
And of the nectar sweet.
Nature is sewn together
In everlasting peace.
Labels: Gehrig's creativity



2 Comments:
He is amazing! How to direct that genius is your challenge!
He is so creative! What a cute poem and drawing. He really has an amazing talent.
Post a Comment
<< Home