Thursday, June 04, 2009

Our Baby Turned 2 on Monday

I'm waiting for the 16X20 version of this picture to arrive to complete my pictures of all my 2 year olds for my wall. Isn't he a handsome little guy?
I can't believe that Isaiah is two years old. I have mixed feelings about that. How could two years have passed so quickly? And yet, I can barely remember our family without Isaiah. He's such a great addition--what a joy he's been in our lives! He and Emma are a pair even greater than I had imagined. They share and share alike (car seats, tricycles, bicycles, shoes, dress up, etc.). They are so fun to watch. Isaiah is wise beyond his years, always seems to have been. Happy Birthday Baby Boy!! We love you!
Blowing out the 2 candles for about the 3rd time (he had too many willing helpers!).
We were so excited to have Mimi here to help celebrate Isaiah's big day!

The handsome dude!
Damian gave Isaiah a book (Monster's Inc. with sound). It was so fun how Damian read to him and showed him what buttons to push. Mom & Dad gave him sidewalk chalk. They had fun drawing pictures (until Isaiah messed up Damian's masterpiece!). Gehrig gave him a rock (which he thought was candy and was highly offended when he put it in his mouth and found out differently) and a Veggie Tale movie (which he was very excited about). Emma gave him a pirate outfit (the same one pictured in an earlier post) with a hat to match (he was so cute about the hat--very excited!). Lou and I gave him the swimming pool which we had filled up and ready outside. He unwrapped the box it came in and then they all suited up and spent the morning playing in the water.
After our little morning party, we dropped Mimi off at the airport (heading to Kentucky with Mason), took the boys to their choir practice and then picked up dinner at Wendy's and ate it at the library's Summer Reading Kick-off Party at Wheeler Farm. What a beautiful place! The kids had fun listening to a national storyteller, visiting booths, looking at geese (trying not to chase them) and many other animals, etc.

The boys were enthralled (as you can see) by the Yo-Yo artist!Surprise, surprise. . . Emma & Isaiah wouldn't have anything to do with this guy. But, the boys had fun meeting him!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 1:38 PM, Blogger Camille said...

What a fun birthday! Isaiah looks like he's going to be huge when he grows up. Like a football player, or something. That should be interesting to see!

 
At 8:28 AM, Blogger JaNan said...

How fun! Those little ones grow up way to fast! Time has such a different meaning with children. You have such a cute little family.

 
At 10:41 AM, Blogger Katie said...

Happy Birthday Isaiah! I can't believe he's so grown up and I hardly know him! What a fun day it looks like you had. (Of course, I know the true story! :) It's not all smiles and laughs, even though that's what we capture on film!) You're such a fun mom to make it such a fun day for him!

 
At 8:26 AM, Blogger Claudia said...

Cute pictures. BAD of me! Dang, I forgot I was wearing that tight shirt. When in public, I wear a levi jacket over it! BLAST!
Anyway, I'm glad I was there for his birthday.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home