May 28, 2009 Highlights
"Ap you? Ap you?" That's what Isaiah says when he's asking for help.
Have I mentioned how Isaiah backs up into your lap when he wants to be picked up? He'll do it to anybody. It's so cute.
Yesterday, I was talking to Gehrig and asked him if he had any heroes. He immediately said, "God." Then, I asked him for more and he said, "Benjamin Franklin." (This he said was because of a recent book he read about Benjamin Franklin and lightening.) Then I asked him if he had any heroes that he knew personally. He told me to ask Daddy. I asked him why. He said, "Daddy knows who his biggest fan is." What a cute kid!
Emma sits next to me at the dinner table and often gets into my "personal space," waving her fork in my face, etc. Today, she started rubbing my arm (with her somewhat dirty little fingers) and said, "You're soft Mama." She was being so gentle and sweet, I wasn't as bothered as I normally would be (not quite a fan of being sticky and dirty--I should be with 4 children, shouldn't I?). And then she said, "You're so cute Mama." She totally won me over this time.
Damian decided he wanted to clean his room without being asked. He wouldn't let me come in until he was finished. I bet he spent more than an hour cleaning and organizing and decorating. When he finally let me in, the beds were made, the floor was vacuumed, the books were neatly organized on his desk and he had decorated the room with tiny little seashells (on top of the dresser handles, the window frame, etc.).
At the breakfast table this morning, Emma said, "I want to ride my beautiful bike." She just got a new Disney Princess bicycle with training wheels (I couldn't resist the nearly new bike for $5 at a garage sale). She was so excited when she first got it--and still is. She would ride up and down our street, then hop off the bike and jump into my lap for a tight squeeze. I bet she thanked me 30 times that first day riding her new bike. What a reward! :)
I found Damian asleep in this position and found it kind of funny! When I showed him the picture, he cracked up. Then he told me that he knew why he fell asleep that way. It was because he was kicking his legs up and down. I guess he was copying what Isaiah does when he's falling asleep. Funny boys! (Yeah, yeah. . .I know he has a hole in his sock. I think they come with extra holes!)
I love how Damian always spots things at garage sales for his family. He loves to buy things for himself too, but he's always looking out for everybody else. This little princess globe caught his eye for Emma. She was tickled pink with it!
Labels: highlights

3 Comments:
Man, your kids come up with some good ones! I'm glad you're recording it all. I love Emma's little bike. It is SO cute! What a deal!
Wow, too many cute things to comment on! I love them all! I especially love what Gehrig said about his dad. That is so sweet! What cute kids you have!
It's wonderful of you to remember to write down these special little moments that could so easily go unnoticed. Great idea.
Post a Comment
<< Home