Monday, May 18, 2009

Ahoy Matey! and A Good Homeschool Morning. . .

Seriously, could you have resisted buying these outfits for $5 total at a garage sale? The boys were sad I didn't find some for them too!
I have to record my success from this morning to help motivate me on the majority of my mornings. Don't feel obligated to read on--this is mostly for my own good.

My alarm clock went off at 5:10. Startled, I jumped out of bed and remembered that I was planning on going to water aerobics with my friend for the first time. I got my suit on and went out to the front porch to wait. I listened to the birds chirping and cows mooing(believe it or not, we have some not far from us) and watched a few cars driving while I waited to be picked up. After waiting about 20 minutes, I realized I had probably miscommunicated (I found out later she didn't know I was planning on it). I hopped back in bed for another restless hour of sleep. Then I heard Isaiah calling, "Mamma." When I opened his door, he greeted me happily, "Good morning Mamma." And so began my day. We all got up and did our Daily Dos (make bed, get dressed, slick up rooms, brush teeth, fix hair), ate breakfast together and read scriptures. Then, Lou left for work and we began our schooling.

Damian and Gehrig made desks in the garage and began writing in their journals. Damian read a poem and a book to me while sitting on my lap in the outside rocking chair. After that, I gave them each a few pages of worksheets (math and language arts) to work on. They had been cooperating unusually well, so I let them eat a Creamie while they finished their worksheets. Emma and Isaiah rode on their tricycles and then played in the backyard while I assisted the boys and periodically weeded (I mentioned in an earlier post that while I went to get my gloves, Isaiah decided to "weed" nearly all of my onions out (for the 3rd or 4th time--poor onions).

It's a pretty hot day today, so we all got our swimsuits on and put the sprinkler under the trampoline and had fun playing together. Gehrig even suggested dancing with me--he even got the position about right! Damian was a little more hesitant, but didn't want to be left out. We played "crack the egg," "bum war," "ring-around-the-rosies," etc. Then, I served them lunch outside. And now, the boys are playing outside together while the little ones are napping upstairs and I'm getting caught up on my blogging! How about that? I'm hoping to have time to go through the dreaded paperwork now. What a day. . . .

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 5:23 PM, Blogger jen1313 said...

Sounds like you had an ideal day. That's wonderful. Hope you have lots of those.

 
At 5:40 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Sounds like a great day! Minus the getting up so early for nothing. It is kind of nice to be up that early though before anyone else and just listen to the "silence". What a fun mom you are!

 
At 8:24 PM, Blogger Camille said...

You are so fun to play with them on the tramp! I bet they LOVED that! The pictures didn't show up on this one...

 
At 8:20 PM, Blogger Claudia said...

WOW! All I can say is...WOW! If you have one day in ten like that, your family will SOAR! Awesome.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home