Friday, May 30, 2008

My Greatest Purchase of the Week/Year!!

Do you remember reading ValueTale books as a child? I sure do and when I made a quick trip to DI for one item, I found 19 of the ValueTale books (I think there were originally 24) for $1 per book! That was almost a week ago and I'm still excited about my purchase. Gehrig and I have read several of them to the rest of the children! And, they're in immaculate condition. I checked it out online and see that they are worth minimally $4 per book, but usually quite a bit more! Woohoo!! Doesn't it make you excited?!!

You can see the value and the historic person the books are about. Wish I had them all, but 19 is a great start!! :)

Then, today I went back to DI (kind of hoping I'd get lucky again and find more of the ValueTale books) on a whim. This time I found a set of 23 books (out of 28) from the series Alice in Bibleland. I haven't seen them before, but they're darling poems about several of the bible stories. It's at a great level for Damian to begin reading and they're short enough to keep Emma's attention. They cost me 50 cents/book! The cheapest set I found for sale online was around $79! I thought about selling them to help fund my other purchases, but the books are too darling to give up. They too were in immaculate condition! Woohoo!! AGAIN!!

Posted by Picasa

6 Comments:

At 6:37 AM, Blogger Camille said...

NO WAY! I've been looking for those! That's an awesome find!!

 
At 10:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a great deal!

 
At 2:43 PM, Blogger LouandAngela said...

I told Lou to always keep his eyes open for them b/c I knew that you all would love a copy of them too.

 
At 7:35 AM, Blogger Camille said...

Thanks! I spoke first...you remember that, okay?! (:

 
At 7:51 AM, Blogger Claudia said...

Too cool! I love how much all my grandkids love to read! (And how careful their parents are to get them good books!)

 
At 6:39 PM, Blogger Michael and Brinn said...

These were my favorite books growing up. YOu found a good find! Way to go!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home