Friday, February 01, 2008

Potty Training: Day 5

Day 5: When our friends were leaving today, Emma said, "I wanta go Mamma." I told her that she couldn't go with them, but she was running towards the bathroom!! This is the first time she's actually told me that she has to go. And she did. Both. Hip, hip, hurray!! That's what we say when she has success!

A Word to the UNWISE: If you wash their hands EVERY time they go (in our case nearly every 15 minutes) while you're potty training, you will both get dry, sore hands. I didn't realize why my hands were cracked and bleeding and why Emma's were red until my friend pointed out today that she did the same thing with her daughter and realized that all the hand washing was hurting her hands. DUH!! You'd think by the 4th child, I would have realized this. BUT, I have never spent so much time trying to potty train. The boys weren't trained until after their 3rd birthdays. Emma's not quite as ready, but I'm determined! If it hadn't been for our success today, I'd be considering giving up.

Hip, hip, hurray! We need more of those!

6 Comments:

At 4:13 PM, Blogger Michael and Brinn said...

Yeah!! Hip, Hip, hurray! Don't give up. It's a tough thing. If she's ready, it'll happen. It sounds like she is.

 
At 4:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow,I've missed a lot over the last few days. Hang in there! She'll get it!! (You know me, I'm all for the early potty training.) Be careful with all that hand washing. You don't want to kill all your good bacteria and get yourself sick. Good luck over there.

 
At 6:46 PM, Blogger LouandAngela said...

Where have you been Elena? I keep checking your blog. I wondered if I should be worried about you.

Yeah, too late. I'm sure every last bit of bacteria, good and bad are completely gone! What a dork I am. I just wanted to be better at handwashing than the boys are.

 
At 10:48 PM, Blogger Elena said...

I've just been really busy and with a broken camera, there's not been a lot to blog about. :(

 
At 2:48 PM, Blogger Claudia said...

Wow. I can't believe she is asking! Quincy is not even close to being ready. I'll probably have a first grader in diapers! Lucky for him, I won't send him to public school to be humiliated by it. Hmmm...I wonder if we could do "home-church!" THen he won't get made fun of there, either! Okay, I guess I'll try to train him before then! I'm just not looking forward to it at ALL!--Camille

 
At 10:26 AM, Blogger Suzanne said...

Potty training is such a challenge sometimes. I swear it's two steps forward, one step back. Sometimes Xavier tells me when he needs to go and sometimes he waits until after to announce that he's gone (I hate that!!). It sounds like Emma is doing great! I sure with it were easier for kids to catch on to this sort of thing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home