Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Smart Little Whipper-Snappers (sp?)

Here's Damian doing his homework. If you notice his mouth you'll see him sounding out the word he's writing. We spent over an hour reading together yesterday. If it's my idea, he has no attention span for it. But, if it's HIS idea, he reads quite well! I'm excited for him to take off like Gehrig!
Emma just discovered this great shapes/color/texture puzzle! She has been doing it over and over! I'm excited that she's excited about it b/c of how great this puzzle is for teaching shapes and colors. She'll hold one up and say, "Mom, it's purple one." Wish I could say that she gets the colors right all the time, but at least she's starting to get the concept!

Such cute little hands!!
Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

At 1:19 PM, Blogger Camille said...

What smarties! I love the picture with her hand. She has the prettiest little hands!

 
At 3:46 PM, Blogger Elena said...

So funny how our 1st and 2nds are so alike! Halle's not into the homework or reading thing very much either. It has to be her idea. It frustrates me to no end. Alyssa will come home, and in 10 minutes be done with everything but reading, but I'm still badgering Halle when 7 pm rolls around. She's smart too, just no drive to do it. (See, I go off on my own stories too!) I love that Emma loves that puzzle. It's so fun to see their little wheels a turnin'.

 
At 12:36 AM, Blogger Michael and Brinn said...

She does have pretty hands. That looks like a fun puzzle. Isn't it fun to see the little minds thirsting for more knowledge. I love their daily discoveries.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home