Monday, January 21, 2008

We Love Long Weekends!!

You can now find Gehrig in all kinds of fun positions reading! Just since Friday, he has read 3 chapter books (The Littles & Magic Treehouse books-usually around 80 pages) and is finishing up the first Little House on the Prairie book! I can't get over how fast he is reading! I think he might read faster than I do!!

I left Isaiah in his bedroom for a couple of minutes and found him with a book. I figure he's trying to catch up to his brother! :)

I thought this was so cute what Gehrig came up with today. He and Damian made saddles and reins for their horses.

Posted by Picasa

5 Comments:

At 8:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gerhig is like my Alyssa. It's so great to have a reader!!! And their little imaginations at this age are so fun. Why can't they stay little forever? :)

 
At 8:56 PM, Blogger LouandAngela said...

Do you find Alyssa in funny positions reading? Maybe it's b/c he has so much energy that even though he has the attention span for books, he still has to be moving around. Today Lou and I looked at each other and smiled as Gehrig came into the kitchen reading the last pages of his book while walking around! Funny little guy!

 
At 9:20 PM, Blogger Camille said...

Your kids are getting to such fun stages! I love the reading position! He's a real brainiac! I can see him going places!

 
At 5:10 AM, Blogger Katie said...

That's hilarious the way he's reading the book. That's great that he loves reading so much. He's a smart kid! (But I read a great article that says you're not supposed to praise your kids for being smart, but praise them for their effort instead. That way, they won't expect life to come easy because "they're smart", but because they're hard workers. Makes sense.)

 
At 11:16 PM, Blogger lissiemarie said...

This is the fun among the craziness! Your kids are such bright little stars. You are what I call a great blogger. I am a fair weather blogger! I did however just put up some pics of Idaho break. Sure was fun to talk the other day. I hope your babies are doing well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home