Gehrig & the Zipline!
Our family reunion was held at the Heber Valley Girl's Camp (an amazingly wonderful camp with all kinds of accommodations--the best camping you could imagine!). Anyway. . .they have a challenge course that we were able to experience as a family. These pictures are of Gehrig climbing the TALL pole, walking across the wire and sliding down the zipline. Notice how high up he is! You should see it from the top!
When he got to the top, he made the mistake of looking down. He was terrified. Luckily for me, I was too far away taking pictures to see the gigantic tears that dropped from his terrified face and hit the ground MANY feet below (my mom said it made HER cry to see him so scared). But, he listened to his instructor and followed her directions, walked across the line and made it to the other side.
I'm so glad that I was able to capture his smile as he came down the zipline. This was quite the accomplishment for him (and me as I later did it too) and he talked about it for days after.

3 Comments:
Good for Gehrig! I'm so impressed...that is very high for a 6 year old to attempt. He'll be my little climber buddy!
So cool that he completed it even though he was so scared. What a brave boy!
That was incredible to watch Gehrig. He absolutely froze! It was pretty intense getting him to listen to his instructor and getting the rest of us to be quiet so he could. Seriously, when you see the sunlight dance on your grandson's tears as they fall some 25-30 feet, it is wrenching! My tears joined his, as did my joy at his conquering his fear.
Post a Comment
<< Home