Wednesday, July 18, 2007

The Rocky Mountain Raceways

The Rocky Mountain Raceways is close enough to our home that we hear their loud cars in the evenings a lot throughout the summer. On Saturday we got a flyer inviting us to come and see the races for FREE! So. . .we packed up our family of 6 (YIKES!) and went out in the over 100 degree weather to see what all the noise was about. I was worried about the heat for the babies and the noise, but they did great! Emma loved it, the boys loved it, Isaiah did amazingly well, I found it interesting once I figured out the scoreboard and how to watch it, and Lou liked it for about a half hour. The kids weren't ready to go as early as he was, so we stuck around until intermission (about 1 1/2 hours in sweltering heat). I think the wrecks were our favorite part (since nobody got hurt). Sadly, I didn't bring my camera so I have no picture of our sweaty family with oversized baseball caps (Lou thought to bring a few of his caps for the kids--it was especially darling to see Emma with his cap turned sideways on her head). Sorry!

1 Comments:

At 12:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love baseball caps on little kids, girls especially. So cute! Sounds like it was a fun evening, although I don't know if I could have sat through the heat. I am such whimp.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home