Gehrig thought he and Emma looked cute together and wanted a picture. She was so happy to be hanging out with her big brother!
Gehrig loved his first day of school! (Damian and I had a fun time together while Gehrig was gone. He was very interested in reading--I think he's trying to grow up too.)Here Gehrig is coming out of class for the first time. His teacher is right there next to him.
I thought Gehrig would come enthusiatically to me and start telling me about his day, but he actually was more excited to see his brother. He hugged him and tried to pick him up, etc.
And then. . .today, his second day of class, he wasn't interested in going because he looked like Quasimodo, yet again! After his first day of school, we took a picnic to the park with our friends to celebrate. After eating, he had fun playing on the playground until a bee stung him--right on the eyelid! Well, it wasn't too bad yesterday and by bedtime, it wasn't swollen at all. Well, this picture was taken after school today, not looking one bit better than before I sent him. I can't believe how swollen his eye is today. Poor kid, he didn't want to have everybody looking at him, so he was sure he didn't want to go today. But, he went anyway and he had a great time again!

6 Comments:
I just can't help but laugh! Your family and eyes!!!! Poor kid. Carter got stung last summer by a hornet on his ear and it swelled up huge like that. Funny and sad all at the same time. Glad to know he went to school anyway. I am sure he got plenty of attention.
How sad! Poor kid! I love the pics with Emma and Damian. Gehrig is really growing up. What a great big brother!
He is a handsome Quasimodo! I can't believe how grown up Gehrig is. . . already caring what people think.
WOW, I can't believe he is in school already! He is cute, even with the swollen eye!
These pictures are so fun! We are entering a whole new era with school kids among the grandkids. Makes me feel old....
He's embarrassed to be seen at school with his swollen eye, so what do you do? Post it on the internet for all the world to see! Poor kid!
Post a Comment
<< Home