Sunday, January 29, 2012

Thanksgiving 2011 in Louisiana

We feel so blessed to have been able to fly to Louisiana this year for Thanksgiving (thanks to help from Mama, points on credit cards and a little bit of savings)! What a wonderful time we had! I'm sorry that I didn't do a better job of taking pictures.

The Airport: I was so worried about packing b/c Lou wasn't willing to pack things as much as he did the last time. So. . I spent a month preparing mentally and physically and we made it just fine (packing all of our luggage). I took a picture of Emma with all of our luggage.

The Harris Oasis: This is the beauty that we were excited to see! A couple of pictures include the houses of neighbors across the street. I tried to capture the house at different angles and sides and only took pictures of some of the trees.

Lemon Heaven: We had homemade lemonade every day from these wonderful lemons!
 

Emma & Isaiah with their produce from the farm. . .they spent hours outside harvesting.

Is this what heaven is like? Gehrig thinks so! He was in heaven picking all the fruit and nuts he could find, but needing a bit of help to reach the bananas!


Liam: The Main Attraction. This was the first time any of the Harris family had seen Liam, so he got quite a bit of attention!

Xavier's Birthday Party: They threw quite a party for our 6 year old cousin. Bounce house, extra friends, shrimp boil, sidewalk chalk, bubbles, cake, etc.

Shrimp Boil: If you look at the expressions on the faces, you'll see who loved it and who wasn't so sure (Emma)! Terry (top middle picture), Renea's husband was the chef. Mama made a crazy face for me! What a sport! :)

The next several pictures show many of the family and friends we saw, but unfortunately, not all of them--that's where I really should have done better with the camera.

Lou with his Mama & oldest sister, Kay
 

And you thought Lou was tall. . .here he is with his nephew, Robert:
 

Gretchen & Robert
 

Crystal (pregnant with her first!) & Gretchen
 

Ericka & Liam
 

Gehrig III & Davion
 

Kay & Earli (Donnell's daughter)
 

Clarence (Crystal's husband) & Liam
 

Terry (Renea's husband)& Liam & Emma
 

Renea & Isaiah
 

Kay, Liam & Earli
 

Emma, ever the poser! :)
 

Gehrig & Liam (I love this picture of the brothers!)
 

Clarence (a family friend/brother & his family)
 

 

Robert is always so fun to give my boys haircuts. Here he is giving Isaiah a haircut. . .
 

and Damian . . .
 

Robert playing with Liam. . .he was so cute with the kids! He needs to get married and have his own now! :)
 

Can you believe the difference in size? So cute!
 
Posted by Picasa

Isaiah as the big brother! So cute!

The Snake: Part of the adventure was looking and even finding a snake!

Sassy: the family dog that Emma and Isaiah couldn't get enough of.

Dr. Gecko: Ah. . .Dr. Gecko. . .Lou found this cute little lizard (he was only about as long as the tip of my thumb) in the doorway and gave it to Gehrig. He made a little home for him and took him everywhere with him. When it was time to go home, he wanted to bring it with him. He carved out a pecan shell, stuck it in the pecan and put it in his pocket through security at the airport (all his idea--not mine). . .Amazingly, he made it and survived for almost two months. We finally found him a good little habitat and sadly, the first day in his new home, he died. I felt so bad. He was really the cutest lizard I've ever seen!

Evidence I was there. . .yeah, the only picture of me taken on the whole trip. And not a good one. Oh well, at least it was with my man! :)

Great Sleep at the end of the day: They actually slept quite well and looked so angelic while sleeping. Gehrig and Damian woke up when I was taking the pictures, so you can tell they're faking it. I loved how Isaiah set the doll right next to him to sleep! :)

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 6:46 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Fun pictures! I can't believe how small Lou looks next to Robert! Who would have thought that Lou could look small??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home