School at Millcreek Canyon
Wouldn't it be fun to have school here every day? I needed a change in our routine and the peacefulness of being in the Canyon rather than the city. I love this picture of my children!
Trying to get all 5 kids to cooperate for a picture together was difficult--and you HAVE to get pictures with the fun fall colors! Getting them to pose alone. . .no problemo!
Not a bad shot. . .
I guess I should have realized that I might have problems keeping them out of the creek. Arrrggg. . .
I love this picture of Gehrig & Liam!
I made a great discovery--my boys are big enough to help pack Liam! Yippee!!
Going on a lion hunt! Actually, they must have thought it was something like that b/c once we got off the gravel path, they weren't too willing to adventure into the wilderness (we didn't have our guns! :))! So. . .we went on a short little hike.
Proof that I was there with them. . .
Liam got a short little nap on my back.
More posed pictures--Damian really likes to arrange the poses.
Emma
Isaiah
One of their favorite things of the day was painting! They got so creative. I especially enjoyed Damian's painted leaf. So pretty! We also did leaf rubbings with crayons.
Liam expresses MY feelings at different points of the day (mostly before our outing and on the way home--I guess it can't be all fun and games, even though I try!).
The last part of our day the kids had a BLAST jumping in a large leaf pile (well, everybody loved it but Liam).
We had lunch, devotional, language arts (in the car), literature (I read a short story and a couple of fun poems to them as they created their artwork), journal writing, etc. I'm so glad that we took this day and enjoyed the beauties of nature and a little slower pace.
Labels: Millcreek Canyon





3 Comments:
Sounds like the perfect home school day! Just what it's supposed to be like. Your lucky kids!!
CUTE pics and beautiful place to hold school! You really do have lucky kids. Remind them of that every day!
I am still giggling! I LOVED these pictures! How wonderful that the boys can carry the baby now! You can go and actually HIKE! I'm proud of you for going to the trouble to take them on an outing! I hope it pays off soon. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home