Have you noticed my ticker?
I don't really know how to set it up where I want it, but I thought it would be fun to have a ticker to let you know our latest news. . . .baby number 5 is due on May 21st! I'll blame the blogging hiatus on morning sickness! The fact that I had the energy tonight to get caught up is a hopeful sign that I may be almost done with the yucky first stages of pregnancy!! YIPPEE!!!
This little surprise feels so right that we know it's part of the Lord's plan for us. The kids have been so excited about it. I told them pretty early (week 8 I think). Each week we research on the internet about the development of our baby and are learning as things progress along. I thought it would be a neat science class for the next several months (especially since our children are particularly fascinated with pregnancy and childbirth--they want the dirty details--YIKES!).
Emma tells everybody that she'll be 5 when the baby comes and Isaiah will be almost 4. The other day, Isaiah went up to a member of our ward and said, "Can I tell you something? My mama has a baby in her tummy!" They are all so excited! When Damian first found out, he about knocked me over with a huge hug! Then he asked if he could hold the baby and help, etc.
Gehrig couldn't believe it when I told him. I had Isaiah tell him that he (Isaiah) was going to be a big brother. Gehrig said, "Well, you're not pregnant. You're not big enough." I told him that I could be pregnant b/c you don't start out big. It was so cute to see his eyes get large as realization set in.
Even though I haven't enjoyed the morning sickness, headaches, etc. of the first trimester, it has been particularly neat to have 4 children so excited about another sibling! We're really looking forward to this!
Labels: pregnancy

8 Comments:
Oh, I'm So excited! Every time I think about it, it's like it's news to me again. How fun will it be for your kids?! I always wished I had more younger siblings because I only remember Mason as a baby, and that was so fun!
I'm so excited for you! I can't wait to see what another one of your babies looks like. I love all of your kid's reactions. How fun! I'm glad you're feeling better.
Yeah for baby number 5, I'll just tell you now that child number 5 will be your favorite. But I'm partial to that number since I'm baby #5 in my family :o)
Congratulations, I always wanted a baby born in May. So glad that all is going well and I hope you'll continue to be blessed with adorable children.
CONGRATS!!!! and as one that just went through the throes of pregnancy...i too, am glad that you are practically over the yuckiness of the first tirmester....can't wait to here what your having and watch the excitement of the other kidlets!
Yippee! Number 18 for me! My experience from my own childhood is that the older the siblings, the greater the joy at another baby...........and the easier for the mom since in our family, the only time Mom got to hold the babies was when she was nursing! I even did the nighttime routine with my youngest three siblings. This will be a whole new experience for you.
Congrats, Angela! Hope you're feeling okay!
Congratulations Angela! That is so exciting! It was so fun to run into you at the TJ ED conference last February. It is hard to believe how much time has passed since then! I am LOVING homeschool! It is so awesome. Your kids are all SO darling. They are honestly so beautiful. I can't wait to see pictures of the next one! Send me your email and I will add you to my bog (its private) natalithompson@hotmail.com :)
Just checking in to see if you've found out what you're having yet or not? Keep us posted!
Post a Comment
<< Home