Monday, May 24, 2010

The Prophet Said to Plant a Garden. . .

That is right you see. . .Do you remember that little Primary song? Well, here we go--3rd year at this home (still feeling like a complete novice). Hopefully we'll be blessed for our attempt at a tiny garden! I put Gehrig in charge this year (with the promise that if he does a good job of watering and taking care of our garden, we'll let him get a Parakeet. . .more on that later). [For my records, we planted the garden from seed on May 15th--the tomato and pepper plants were planted a week or two before that as plants.]

Lou has taken more and more pride in our lawns as time passes and wanted me to take a picture of how nice it looks right now. I'm partial to the flower beds (I take care of those)--but love it when the lawn looks this nice! :)
 
Our Blooming IRIS Plants
Aren't they beautiful? I got them from a good friend's yard (some that she didn't need) about 2 years ago and they're doing particularly well this year!
 

Here's our little garden. Can you see where I've planted in the flower beds? We have little budding lettuce plants, spinach, beets, carrots, strawberries, etc. Can you see that beautiful large broccoli plant hiding between the flowers in the front flower bed?
 

Gehrig wanted me to post a picture of his sunflower he planted. He actually dropped a bunch of sunflower seeds in our garden before I planted and had dozens and dozens of them growing like weeds! :)
 
style='clear:both; text-align:CENTER'>Posted by Picasa

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 9:33 PM, Blogger Camille said...

Such creative gardening! I'm sure you WILL be blessed for your efforts. And your yard DOES look beautiful! Isn't that such a good feeling!

 
At 11:28 AM, Blogger Katie said...

Your gardens and yard look awesome! Good job!

 
At 6:31 AM, Blogger Claudia said...

I'm so proud of you! The house looks beautiful!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home