Monday, May 10, 2010

A Happy Mother's Day

My kids were so cute on Mother's Day--even before then. Damian, in particular, had been planning something for me all week. Apparently, he asked Lou to help him make me a cake. He actually made me some muffins from scratch, his very own recipe, on Saturday while we were gone (my cousin, Lindsey, was so kind to watch our kids while we went to the U of You, a personal development seminar that I dragged Lou to--and we even benefited from it!). She said that she didn't help him at all, which was evident when you tasted them, but I must say--aside from the fact that it was WAY too salty, they actually looked and tasted like muffins!

Anyway. . .Saturday night Lou and the boys went out and bought a muffin mix and some treats. Sunday morning, Lou made muffins and eggs for breakfast! After church he barbequed for us while I made the rest of the meal and then he helped me do the dishes!
 
Back to the kids. . .they were hilarious! Emma started it by wrapping one of her favorite leotards in paper and giving it to me. You should have seen the look of anticipation in her eyes when I was opening it! She was so excited to give it to me. She said, "It's for you when you grow small!" She loved my reaction so much, that she came back with several other gifts (my little pony, candyland pawn, another game piece, a picture of baby Jesus in the manger, a book, tulips from the neighbor's garden--AHHHH!!--, the cap to a pen, etc.). Isaiah wrapped his favorite white teddy bear. Damian and Gehrig both gave me pens (really a thoughtful gift since I'm always yelling at them for not having any pens when I need them b/c they always take them and never put them back).
 
Damian had written notes for Emma and Isaiah during the week. They're on the refrigerator and say (from Isaiah & Damian), "You are so Beautiful. You are as beautiful as can be." And from Emma & Damian, "A princess Emma Princess Bug. I love you. Beautiful girl." Damian said these were their own words. If you can blow the pictures up, it's funny to see his spelling. Anyway. . .aren't they cute?

Damian also made me a fancy card with a door that opens and everything while he was at his daddy's office during the mormon.org project. He also sent me on a treasure hunt. His notes say, "Go and look in the bathroom," "Go to the garage," "Find what place this is (with a picture of a basketball stand), and finally, "Happy Mom's Day." What a cute kid. He really does love me! Sometimes I think he and I are too much alike. We both want to do what's right so bad, but sometimes we're too intense about it and do things wrong. Our hearts are in the right place! I have to remember that about him.
 
Posted by Picasa


I hope all you wonderful women out there had a wonderful Mother's Day!!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 10:16 AM, Blogger Katie said...

How CUTE! I'm really so impressed with your kids. I love Damian's notes and Emma's gifts. How fun to finally have them know what Mother's Day is all about and to finally be able to show you that they really do care! You really have thoughtful, creative, brilliant kids!

 
At 10:18 AM, Blogger Claudia said...

How sweet. Remember this when he is being a pill!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home