Saturday, December 19, 2009

Momentum-Rock Climbing with Elisabeth & Her Family

Yes, even I took the chance to face my fear of heights and climb. I always love the descent, once I get started. This was probably a kid's climb, really quite easy to get up, but I kept stopping to make sure Lou was able to catch me and not worry about what the kids were up to around him!
I was belaying Lou, so this is the best picture I could get Gehrig to take of him--wish I had one with him facing us--maybe he's afraid of heights too and didn't want to look down?! :)

Gehrig is perfectly fine with climbing trees to the top without any kind of safety system, but put a harness on him and stand there to catch him and he becomes afraid of heights. Go figure.

Damian was the same way. They climb much higher than this in trees, but at least they had a good time climbing partially up the wall.
Emma said she didn't want to climb, but every time I looked over, she was on the wall climbing. She actually probably would have gone at least as high as the boys if we had taken the time with her. She's quite the little daredevil most of the time.
Yep, Isaiah climbed about as high as the boys did too. He was a pretty cute climber!

A pretty cute self-portrait from the photographer. He was having way too much fun with the camera--something I RARELY let him use.Thanks so much to my cousin Elisabeth and her husband Nate for providing this fun activity for our family. It was so fun to see them and their cute kids, although we discovered this wasn't the most conducive environment for visiting--always having to help and watch the kiddos.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 3:55 PM, Blogger Camille said...

Fun! I am jealous! (and how fun that you can have a picture taken of you, in a harness, from below...and not be scared of the result!)

 
At 8:47 AM, Blogger Claudia said...

What fun! You didn't even tell me about this!
Cute pictures of YOU!
I have an idea, strap those boys into a harness on a daily basis :)
seems to calm them down :)

 
At 1:28 PM, Blogger Katie said...

What fun! I wish I was there to join you! I've always been excited to take my nieces and nephews climbing when they got old enough! And Elizabeth looks cute! I'm glad you got to see her!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home