Monday, July 20, 2009

FHE-Oquirrh Temple Open House

We had an enjoyable Family Home Evening tonight as we visited the Oquirrh Temple and then enjoyed dinner at Applebees later. We found a couple of people kind enough to snap a few pictures of us in the reception area and in front of the temple. I liked the picture of Christ behind us beckoning us to come unto Him.

Don't I have a cute family?




Isaiah's favorite part was the baptismal font. He kept saying, "Amimals. Amimals," as we passed the font. Emma noticed the chandeliers right away and pointed out how beautiful they were. Damian noticed that when you look in the mirrors in the sealing room, you can see, "forever and ever. Just like Jesus' love." I think Gehrig was anticipating coming back in just 3 1/2 years as a young man. YIKES!! And of course, the children were very excited to eat cookies afterwards!
I wonder what Damian was saying to Gehrig at that moment?
Gehrig's journal entry about the event:
Today I went to the temple and it might just be the most spiritul event in my life! I can tell you a story of true faith in the Lord.
Those of Faith by Gehrig Harris
Once one night I was adjusting my sterling silver CTR ring on my finger then it got stuck on my finger. I tried tuging and pulling. It wouldn't come off! I tried praying to God. I tugged on my finger once more and it slipped it off as easly as you slide a sewing needle through cloth! The end.
Now inside the temple my favorite room was the sealing room. It had a huge chandalier.

(spelling and punctuation as seen in his journal entry)
Posted by Picasa

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 11:15 AM, Blogger Tamie said...

i LOVED going there! we made sure to make a point and do the temple open house when we were in utah a few weeks ago. and special of all---we were able to go with my sis and her family too.....wasn't the refreshment tent A-mazing?!?!?! that was a stunner to walk in there....you are lucky that you went in the evening though---we went in the morning and it was just broiling and humid---takiing pictures in front of the temple was dreadful with all those kids.....

 
At 3:33 PM, Blogger Claudia said...

What wonderful pictures! You should put them in a grouping in your living room. They don't need to be perfect to give a wonderfully celestial feeling. The kids should have access to those pictures often!

 
At 7:16 PM, Blogger Katie said...

These are great shots of your family! You really do have a beautiful family. I love the sepia one...especially of you! Too cute.

 
At 10:02 AM, Blogger Camille said...

I love the picture with Christ in the background. That is a neat effect.

What a cute journal entry!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home