April 10, 2009 Highlights
* Watching The Sound of Music with my family after reading a Power Tale book , The Story of The Von Trapp Family: The Power of Family Spirit - - I am so happy that Lou stuck around for nearly an hour of the movie (and if you can see his expression, he was even enjoying it whether he'll admit that or not!). This was a very happy ending to a more difficult day for me! Makes it all worth it when my family is enjoying time all together. I wish you could have seen Emma up and dancing to every song. She tried recruiting her big brothers to dance with her after her willing little brother went to bed.
* Which brings me to. . .watching Emma and Isaiah dancing, singing their own music!
* The spontaneous "monkey" hug from Damian after a long, hard day with him.
* Watching Gehrig enjoying his job dicing eggs and pickles for our potato salad (managing to sneak a few in his mouth, avoiding cutting himself!).
* Isaiah's hug from behind that hits mid-thigh (finally not being afraid of the bite that occasionally came when he was younger). Also, today, quite unexpectedly, he hugged me from the front and kissed my thigh! What a cutie!
* Emma enjoying conversation with complete strangers.
* Playing basketball with Damian (teaching him how to take it away or protect it when he has it).
* Bouncing balls with the rest of the children.
* Watching Gehrig & Damian on stage practicing for their first choir performance.
* Cutting out sugar cookies with Gehrig (trying not to be annoyed by his creativity as he cut out his own small designs that wouldn't make great cookies--it really was cute, why was I annoyed?--in the end, I realized it and got over being annoyed).
And so, the list could go on. I'm so glad that I'm doing these highlights b/c it really does help me realize how blessed I am. Even on the tough days (which today was). Sorry if I bore you. Obviously, you don't have to read it! This is really for my own good as well as my family's. Now I have many great things to share with Lou when he gets home instead of just plunging into the problems of the day!
Labels: highlights


3 Comments:
Not boring at all. So nice to hear uplifting and positive things. We all get annoyed over silly things and need to be reminded what matters in life.
Sounds like it was a perfectly good day! And that's just how you would want to remember it!
You are making GREAT progress, Angela. You are a good example to us all.
The day always ends happier if you excentuate the positive---eliminate the negative.
Post a Comment
<< Home