West Fest 2008
This year the boys and I enjoyed our city celebration, West Fest. Friday evening we checked out all of the booths (spinning wheels and winning t-shirts, chapstick, mini flashlights, etc.), ate cotton candy and enjoyed two performances, Josiah Barlow & Abraxas Tribute to Carlos Santana Band. Josiah is a keyboard artist and Gehrig LOVED his music. He begged me to buy his CD (it was only $5, how could I resist? The top right picture is with Josiah Barlow (quick background: he was born with a deformed left hand. His mother was told that he was healthy, but would never play the piano. He started writing music when he was 7 (Gehrig's age).) Gehrig's been listening to his CD ever since (even taking it outside and playing it loud to share with our good neighbors)!
Saturday evening, we went back to enjoy ECLIPSE (Acapella Singers) and the fireworks. They began singing at 9PM, stopped around 10:00 for the fireworks and then finished up afterwards. This is one of my favorite genres of music and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. After the concert, I bought their religious CD and the boys each got a poster for the singers to sign. The top six pictures are the boys with each of the singers (I was pretty good friends with the top middle guy's brother--anybody remember Garrett--big red headed guy? I went to Ricks with him and he was in the Playmill). As you can see in the bottom middle picture, it was WAY past Damian's bedtime. He fell asleep after the fireworks, during the last part of the performance. We didn't get home until almost midnight! YIKES!
The FIREWORKS!!! Check out Gehrig's face in the top left picture and Damian's in the middle. It was so fun to be so close to the fireworks and to hear the patriotic music blaring in the background! By the way, I forgot to mention that we paid $1 to play a game to win a live frog and Gehrig won the game! So, I paid $1 more for a 3 month supply of food and now Flipper Bubbles Shark (our Beta fish) has a companion, Leaping Star (I'm sure pictures will come later!).
Labels: West Fest 2008




5 Comments:
What a fun thing for you to do with the boys just before you leave. It looks like you had a blast! I love how Damian tries so hard not to smile in those pictures with the singers. He wants to be sure he is a real man!
I love the name for their fish! Did they come up with that? They are so creative!
That's a really cute picture of you holding Damian. You're looking so thin!
What a fun mom you are. These are the perks of city life. Glad you take advantage of the perks since you live with the hard part on a daily basis.
i'm so glad that you were able to watch fireworks with the boys since you'll be missing out on the 4th with them. And how fun that you FINALLY have some boys to enjoy music with you!!
yeah, sounds fun! wish we had some good entertainment here!
Post a Comment
<< Home