Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Slip-n-Slide Fun

After having lunch at the park today, we got home a little earlier than naptime, so I decided to be a fun mom and bring out the slip-n-slide and hook it up for the kids. (It's too hot to be outside now without water or shade.) They had a blast. I had fun watching them and weeding my gardens in my swimsuit (need to work on the farmer tan--hopefully none of the neighbors saw). After a little while, I brought Emma and Isaiah in for naps and let the boys continue to play.I'm really sad that I didn't get pictures of what they did next. They have a section of our lawn that they helped kill and now has become their dirt pile. They'll spend hours at a time playing "guys" out there. Today, they brought the hose over and filled little canals they made. Later on, it looked like they had dug themselves a swimming pool! What a mess. They were covered in dirt/mud and were having a great time until the mud fight began and our lovely rocky soil was being thrown. Then, it was time to hose them down and bring them in for "quiet time." I'm hoping that Damian will become a good reader this summer during his daily "quiet times". Sometimes he does them alone and sometimes I let Gehrig help him read or read to him. Anyway. . .we had a pretty fun day today.




Posted by Picasa

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 6:12 AM, Blogger Camille said...

You really are such a fun mom!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home