A Busy Sunday
I'm so sad that I didn't think to take a picture of my little family today in our coordinating outfits! Emma and I were in black and all the boys had white shirts and ties (even little Isaiah--even though the tie was way too big for him!) I am the Ward Music Chairman and was asked to speak today on the organization of the hymn book. I convinced my family to learn and sing the primary song, Hum Your Favorite Hymn. Gehrig and Damian actually wanted to do it by themselves, but I thought since we all practiced it, it might be better to have us all there in case the boys needed help. Lou held Isaiah and I held Emma while Damian and Gehrig did the bulk of the singing. They did a WONDERFUL job (Damian even sang some of it in tune! :)). It's funny. . .they never really participate when the primary sings in sacrament meeting, but they do a great job when it's only them. Go figure!
Since I'm a big baby about speaking in front of people, I felt anxiety on and off all week as I was preparing and now that it's over, I've got one heck of a headache! But, I was told that it went well and had many kind comments after. I was so worried about offending people, but really felt the need to encourage more singing from our congregation. I think it was well received. I think. It was a perfect topic for me and I made sure the bishop knew that I had met my quota for the next few years! :)
On another note: I have been in this ward for 4 years! Amazing how time flies! Gehrig was only 3 years old, Damian 1 1/2 and Emma and Isaiah little spirits in heaven! Anyway. . .until I moved into this ward, I had spent all but a couple of months either in the Primary or the Young Women organizations. I have enjoyed 4 wonderful years of Relief Society classes, but have finally been called back into Primary. I've been called to be the 2nd Counselor. I figure it's time for me to get to know the children in our ward. I've loved getting to know the sisters, but I have felt guilty for not knowing the children.

3 Comments:
How fun! I am sure you are a little sad to leave RS, I know you loved it. But 2nd counselor was my job for quite a while and it is great! Good luck and have fun!!!
Wow! that's a little overwhelming! At least it would be for me, but I'm sure you will do great! That is SO crazy to think how time has flown, and how your family has grown!
I wish I could have seen a picture of your family, too. You really do have an amazing little bunch of beauty in your family!
How I wish I could have been there to enjoy that Sacrament meeting!!!!! I'm sorry it gave you a head-ache. Maybe you need to do it more often. :)
I can just imagine how darling it must have been when your family sang. I'll have to get you to do it in our ward next visit!
I always cry when families sing together, so I'm sure many people were touched.
Congratulations on your new calling. You will love it, but you'll need an afternoon nap every Sunday after church!
Post a Comment
<< Home