Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Playing Dolls with my Live Doll!


I've been having fun this week experimenting with Emma's hair. She's an amazing sport to put up with the braids, hot rollers, etc. The top left style I copied from a girl I saw at church. Then, I wondered if I could straighten her hair somewhat to see how long it really is, but it turned out more like a '50s housewife hairstyle (or maybe just her mother's hair). Too grown up for my baby doll anyway! Then I tried four french braids to meet in a ponytail. I guess the only one that really worked was the top left & center. If you have any ideas, I just want to keep trying things. There are so many fun styles out there. I've been waiting for years to try some out on a little girl!
Posted by Picasa

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 1:29 PM, Blogger Camille said...

Oh, my word! Could she BE any cuter? I love the hair-dos! Yeah, she does look like a 50's mom in that one with the poofy hair! It looks almost silvery when it's like that! Fun stuff!

 
At 2:18 PM, Blogger Katie said...

So, after reading Camille's response, she stole what I was going to say! She is So darling and I love the 50's do! What a riot! I can't believe she will really hold still for you to do all of those different styles.

 
At 8:42 PM, Blogger Elena said...

Wow, those are some creative hair-dos! I can't believe she'll let you do all that to her. I'm lucky to get one pnoy in Kate's hair, and Alyssa is almost worse. I think Halle would let me play though. And yes, it's hilarious how her hair went silver in the 50's do. She is such a cute kid, shame you only got one girl, but your boys are cute enough to make up for it! :)

 
At 4:22 PM, Blogger Claudia said...

only one girl so far!.....
Cute stuff!
Remember when all you girls lined up to get your hair braided every morning?
Fun memories.....sigh......

 
At 9:53 AM, Blogger Michael and Brinn said...

Look at those eyes! They are amazing. How fun, the way you play around with her hair. You can't go wrong, because the child is gorgeous.

 
At 11:27 AM, Blogger lissiemarie said...

This is the first time I have seen it but I see your mom's eyes in Emma's. She is so beautiful! What fun to have a girl with hair like that.

 
At 11:07 AM, Blogger alicia king said...

how fun! she is soooo pretty!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home