Random Thoughts on Motherhood
Well, I've tried several times to post some pictures from our Halloween and a few other random photos, but I haven't had any luck yet. So. . .I decided I'd let you know I'm working on it and write something random that I've been thinking about lately. You don't have to read on. This is mostly for my benefit. I don't want to forget some of the precious moments I have as a mom. I need to have these written and then pull it out when I feel like screaming or pulling out my hair!
Precious Motherhood Moments
Emma (not quite 2) and Damian (5, nearly twice her size) were outside playing today. I watched as Damian kicked one foot up, then the next one up. The precious part was watching Emma following behind her big brother, doing exactly the same thing and laughing. Damian gets home from school a couple of hours earlier than Gehrig and often has time to play outside with Emma. It amazes me how well the two of them play together. Emma follows him all over the yard, swinging on the double swing with him, jumping on the trampoline with him, digging in the dirt, laughing at his jokes. . .
Washing Emma's hands: I love to look at her tiny pudgy hands as she rubs them together trying to get the soap on the front and the back.
The look that Isaiah (5 months) often gives me of complete adoration! I just about melt!
I love to watch Isaiah as he discovers how his toys work and how is hands can move up and down.
The week Isaiah turned 5 months old, Lou noticed him moving his head up and down (like when you nod to say yes) copying Emma. He'd stop and then she'd start again and he'd copy her. Then Emma would laugh. Precious. . .
Gehrig asked me if he could practice the piano last night (of course, he was manipulating me b/c it was after bed time). When I let him, he ran off calling behind him, "Thanks Mom!" And then he ran back, gave me the cutest grin and said, "Hey, High 5 Mom!"
Well, I don't mean to bore you with my thoughts here, but I have been feeling particularly grateful for the WONDERFUL moments of motherhood I enjoy. Sometimes I just feel so frustrated, tired, and like I'm living Groundhog Day, but when I stop to think about those precious moments, I feel so grateful that I'm getting them on a daily basis and I have had the opportunity to experience them with 4 different, wonderful kids! It's hard being a mother, but it's OH SO WORTH IT!!

5 Comments:
So sweet and NOT boring at all. Definitly what I needed to read today. :)
That was what I needed, too! I need to change my perspective today and not be so frustrated with Quincy. He's SO BUSY!!!!
Almost makes me want to be a mother.....nah, i'll stick with the father thing, that way i can still enjoy the fun times, and I don't have to deal with the little buggers all day long.
Michael
Thanks for that, Angela. Very sweet and sincere. Life would be so much sweeter if all moms took the time to even NOTICE those things, let alone express gratitude for them. High 5!!!
Michael, so fun to ready YOUR comment. :)
Thanks for sharing! It gets me excited to have moments like this with Cora. I love the one about Damian and Emma...I can just picture it!
Post a Comment
<< Home