Saturday, September 05, 2009

Singing at the State Capitol Building

The Heralders
The boys sang with this fun home school choir through two performances in the Spring. It was a great experience for them. Emma and Isaiah can't wait to join. We're going to try hip-hop dance, clogging and basketball this fall and hope to join the choir again when the little ones are old enough to be a part of it. Aren't they cute in their red and white? (Damian's in white on the front row, middle. Gehrig's in white on the 2nd row and just to the right of Damian--a mistake to have them so close together, I found out the embarrassing way. . .)

Yeah, should I tell you most most embarrassing moment as a mother so far? Well, at least one of them. While the boys were singing, Gehrig kept poking and bugging Damian. Damian finally turned around and started hitting Gehrig. Of course, Gehrig hit back and I was dying in my seat wondering if I should yank them off the stage or what? AARRRGGG!! BOYS!! How in the heck am I supposed to deal with them? Anyway. . . luckily, Miss Debby, the director, was able to get their attention and get them through the performance. Yeah, I tried not to acknowledge them when they were finished. . .just kidding. But really? Would you have claimed them? Luckily, the news reporters that came to cover the event didn't seem to be there at the time.
They had several free activities at the Capitol Building that day that the boys enjoyed. They also had local vendors giving samples of their food products. The boys are holding up buildings they made with gumdrops and toothpicks. Lou and the little ones stayed home from this one, which did make it easier to go to the different booths with the boys.
Posted by Picasa

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 8:20 AM, Blogger Elena said...

HA! That is hilarious! Too bad you don't have pictures of them fighting. So fun that they're in a little choir. I tried to get Alyssa to join one this year but she wouldn't. Made me sad.

 
At 1:49 PM, Blogger Claudia said...

How could those "angelic" little curly headed boys be such little stinkers?!
No, I wouldn't have claimed them. I may have just left them there on the steps as abandoned children looking for a new home!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home