Monday, August 24, 2009

Another Fun Trip to Idaho

My grandfather turned 90 years old on the 11th and Mason turned 17 on the 15th! We made a quick Monday-Friday trip to Idaho to celebrate the birthdays. I can't believe I didn't get one picture of Grandpa on this great occassion. We really enjoyed being there to celebrate at an open house for him. The trip was well worth the effort for these two great men in our lives!!

I really let the camera collect dust this time. I only have Mason's birthday and Gehrig's latest adventure with a bee. Yep, he was playing with bees or hornets (something I can't quite convince him to stay away from) and got stung right in the middle of his forehead. He woke up the next morning looking like Will Smith from the movie, Hitch! Poor guy. It took several days for it to calm down, but he eventually got back to normal. What's an Idaho trip without something about Gehrig to make me call my sweet Uncle Jud (the doctor)?

My cousin Lindsey and her darling daughter made the trip with us. The traveling was quite insane, but I sure appreciated her coming with us and spending the week with the family.
Posted by Picasa

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 7:57 AM, Blogger Elena said...

Oh my! Poor Gerhig! I'm so sorry I didn't get to see you. I got your message on my phone and things just got carried away and I never got you called back. I swear one of these times we WILL see each other!

 
At 2:02 PM, Blogger Camille said...

The poor boy. I have never seen an allergic reaction quite like that! Well, except for the man-made one they put on Will Smith!

 
At 6:30 PM, Blogger Katie said...

He DOES look like Will Smith! Poor kid! I love how his allergies don't stop him from still having a great time at home and doing everything he loves anyway! (Cute pictures of Mason!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home