The Birthday/Baptism Boy and his Proud Daddy!
Gehrig had the special opportunity to be baptized on his very birthday (just like his daddy)! What a special day he had (we all had)! He is an amazing boy and we are so proud of him. He was so excited to be baptized.
I can't believe our baby (ok, our first baby) turned 8 last week!
Like Father; Like Son

Gehrig chose a Golf Cake this year. A few of our friends and family were able to join us for the baptism and a small party after with food, cake, presents and good company!
I think he was most excited by his very own black leather scriptures (with his name on them) and case. Or was he more excited with. . .

the picture of Christ that Mimi & Papa gave him (drawn by a good friend of the family who went hiking with us last time we were in Idaho--Steve Spencer)?

Carlianne & Blake had to miss the Glen Beck Christmas Show to spend this special day with us. We're glad they were here for Gehrig's special day. As you can see, Isaiah was glad too!

That evening we went to Temple Square to see the lights! Unfortunately, they turned them out about 5-10 minutes after we got there, but it was a spectacular 5-10 minutes!

Blake & Carli

Mimi & Papa

Lovin' my happy boy!

Uncle Mason missed a performance to be with Gehrig. What a great uncle!! We're grateful for his sacrifice! He reminded us that he was 8 and just baptized when Gehrig was born! My how time flies!

A perfect end to a perfect day for a perfect boy!! We love you Gehrig!


Labels: 8th birthday, Gehrig's baptism
7 Comments:
I must say that Gehrig's testimony was so cute! He must have been so nervous up there! Congratulation's on such a big day!
wow! he's THAT old....i remember when he was the 18-month old :)
how special!
and i must say angela darling: you are looking FAB-u-LOUS!!!! :)
What a magical day that was. Gehrig seemed to have wings on his feet and he was the personification of sheer joy all day. Great pictures of his special day.
I just read your comment on Halle's post and I kept thinking, "How could he have been baptized the same day as Halle? He's a Dec. b-day." I didn't realize it WAS his b-day. That is VERY neat. Not many kids get to do that. He looked very handsome!
What a handsome little man! he has an incredible spirit, and I'm sure he will be thankful to have the gift of the Holy Ghost to help him choose the right.
I love Blake's pose in the last picture!
How can your baby be 8 already! What a special day for Gehrig and a hugh milestone for you congratulations on such a cute family. I love to watch your blog.
Congrats to Gehrig on his special day!
Post a Comment
<< Home