Huckleberry Picking in West Yellowstone!
Gehrig is THE huckleberry picker! He didn't want to stop. BUT, I have to tell you why we had to stop. . .
I have NEVER seen so many mosquitoes in my LIFE! They were so thick and awful! It didn't stop Gehrig, but Damian, Emma, Isaiah & I sat in the hot car with the doors & windows closed to keep them out until the other pickers were finished. If you look at the bottom left picture of Emma, you will see something under her eye. It's a mosquito all lit up. The camera caught it just right to highlight it. Strange. Anyway. . .it didn't turn out to be a good activity for the little ones because of the mosquitoes, but we sure did enjoy the ice cream, jam and huckleberry shakes after! :) Isaiah enjoyed EATING the berries right off the bush (notice top left picture). And then, wearing the bucket for the berries!
Labels: cabin





3 Comments:
how fun for the kids!
You really got some great pictures of the kids on that little mosquito-infested adventure! Wish I had been there....or do I? HA! I'm always the boring one to avoid the discomfort...
I can only remember how fun it was now that we see pictures and can't hear the little buggers buzzing around our ears!
Post a Comment
<< Home