Sunday, August 03, 2008

Happy 6th Birthday Damian!

Our little blondie turned 6 yesterday! We had a pretty fun day with him. In the afternoon, we invited Brayden, Annie, Alex & Kimberly over to party with us. I let Damian choose from several different cake options and happily, he chose the easiest option he looked at! Good thing, because the cake fell apart coming out of the pan. A little frosting "glue" and it was all better!

They ate popcorn while they watch The Secret of Nimh 2 and then Max Lucado's story, You Are Special.Brayden gave Damian $5 and a Spiderman bag full of crayons, etc. Annie, Alex & Kimberly gave him an Incredibles towel. Gehrig gave him a little airplane that they will get to toll paint later. And Lou and I gave him an algae eater for the fish tank. . .

I love the expression on his face as he figures out what it is.
Admiring his new fish in the tank.Meet Nasty, Damian's new algae eater! Yes, he named him that b/c of what he eats.


After everybody went home, we went to Wendy's and picked up 4 kids' meals (the toy was a Magic Treehouse audio book--perfect for our trip to Idaho tomorrow!) and took it to the park to meet up with a bunch of our friends from the area. It was a fun day and we're very happy to have Damian in our lives! :)

Posted by Picasa

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 9:50 AM, Blogger Claudia said...

What a darling unspoiled boy. Happy Birthday, Damian!
I thought the fish was called Nasty because of how he looks. Yuck, I hate those things, but they are essential in an aquarium.

 
At 9:56 AM, Blogger Camille said...

I love the name of the fish! What a creative boy! Happy Birthday, Damian!! I'm glad you will be here to celebrate with us just a couple days after your real birthday!

(Sorry I didn't call...it was a busy busy day!)

I see you have the bar stools up. Did you end up getting them re-covered? They look nice!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home