The Rest of Our Week
Damian & Gehrig are sporting their new shirts from the dentist. Damian had an appointment this week and did so well that the dentist gave him a shirt and one for Gehrig and Emma. They're all large, so Emma's is a nightshirt. Damian had 6 "sugar bugs" fixed. He was amazing, but I couldn't imagine a better way to have your work done. Watching movies in such a fun office. I posted pictures earlier of their fun jungle office!
Lou had championship games this week for ward basketball. Emma and Isaiah watched his game last Saturday while Gehrig and Damian were at a primary activity. Emma was an incredible cheer leader! She yelled words of encouragement the whole game! Go Daddy!! Isaiah was pretty interested, sitting quietly on my lap and watching his daddy play ball.
The next game was on Thursday evening at 9PM. My sweet neighbor, Sister Davidson, came over to the house so that I could leave Emma and Isaiah sleeping. The boys went with me. The game was so close and really fun to watch--but the boys were quite distracting! I swore I wouldn't take them to another game. Damian just wanted to be out there playing with his Daddy and Gehrig wanted to be running around. They actually did okay, but I had to be on them like "white on rice" as Lou puts it! They won (with only 5 players) in overtime and became the champion team for the stake!
As you can see here, this Saturday Lou and his team became the #1 team for the Region for the second year in a row! What an exciting game! They were within a couple points of each other the whole game. Lou put up the shot that tied them and put them into overtime. I had all 4 kids for this game. We sat up on the stage and that helped me corral them. They did amazingly well and weren't really a problem until the overtime. It was really a fun outing for me. I love basketball--especially when my man is playing! (Willy, Lou, Brett, Nick, Josh & Dustin) Lou is an amazing team player (especially for one who could steal the show with his talent), always willing to pass the ball and let somebody else have a good experience. He never loses his cool and never shows off. The bishop asked me, "How can you get him fired up so that they can win the game?" I think the way Lou is on the basketball court is a credit to who he is as a person. It's nice that I never have to worry about being embarrassed by him being a hothead or a ball hog, etc.


2 Comments:
Congrats to the team! Aaron sure misses having a good team to play on around here!
How fun! I was there for the last year's championship game when they won, and it really was fun to watch! That IS very nice that you don't have to worry about his behavior on the court. SO many of those guys embarass themselves, and their wives. Lou is a very good sportsman.
Post a Comment
<< Home