Monday, May 21, 2007

Our Trip to Visit Aunt Millie & Uncle Paul

Gehrig had a week off from school, so we took advantage and visited Camille & Paul on the ranch in Nevada where they've been living. What a wonderful experience! Gehrig expressed it best when he said on the first day there, "I knew this would be a paradise!" We had a wonderful, relaxed week from Monday-Friday and then came back to a fun Mother's Day weekend with Lou.
Emma is really growing up--way too fast! Her vocabulary is growing. She will copy most anything I ask her to now. The first thing I usually hear from her in the morning and throughout the day is, "Outside." She loves to be outside and loves it best if there is a dog or cat around to play with. This darling puppy is Carlianne's Mini Australian Shepherd (I think that's what it's called), Chaco. I figure an 8 week old puppy is about the same age as a 16 month old child--they were so cute together. Here, she's playing tug-of-war with Chaco. It made for a pretty cute video, but I haven't really figured out how to post those yet--at least in a reasonable amount of time.
The boys were in heaven exploring the vast fields and playing in the streams. They are such great friends! I love this picture because you can see them conversing with each other.
Posted by PicasaMom and Carli visited at the same time with us. They came to help Paul on a cattle drive. Paul took a rare moment one morning to hang out and enjoy the beautiful weather and great company! :) Camille was an excellent hostess! I'm hoping to convince Lou to go back and visit with us soon!

4 Comments:

At 9:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see them!!! What did you do differently?

 
At 8:46 AM, Blogger Claudia said...

Yippee! You did it! Makes me miss the place

 
At 6:15 PM, Blogger Katie said...

I'm so jealous that I don't get to go there before they move. These are fun pictures!

 
At 7:04 PM, Blogger Michael and Brinn said...

I have to diddo on what Katie said. What a haven! I'm glad you and your family took the chance to go visit. Looks like the boys loved every bit of it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home