Wednesday, May 18, 2011

April 2011 General Conference

We always enjoy staying home to listen to and watch the apostles and prophets speak to us! This was the most enjoyable Conference I think I've had since having children. They were so good to quietly play and listen. I would ask them questions about the talks and they were able to give me enough indication that they were listening to satisfy me. :) Twice a year isn't enough! :)

The man asleep on the couch is Kevin, a man who has practically joined our family this year (used to be our neighbor but now lives with his dog in his car).



Lou's friends Wilson & Monica invited us to a Brazilian Barbeque after Conference Sunday afternoon. They feed about 20 missionaries every Sunday. We had a great time and enjoyed the good food! (All of the children were with us, but they didn't all make it into the picture, obviously.)

When Wilson met Lou, he said he had twin in Brazil. He couldn't wait to get them together and now, several years after knowing Lou, he was finally able to get them together. There is a resemblance, but not so close as Lou's actual twin, Len! :) Brother Ricardo Sant'Ana is an Area Authority (7th quorum of the seventy) for the Church in Brazil. He has quite an interesting and inspiring story. It was so neat to spend time getting to know him.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 10:49 AM, Blogger Katie said...

They actually DO look a lot alike! Cute pics of Conference!

 
At 7:10 AM, Blogger Camille said...

I can see the resemblance, but I bet it feels a lot stronger when they're not standing next to each other.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home