Tuesday, April 07, 2009

April 7, 2009 Highlights

* Watching Gehrig & Damian playing for hours on the swing set together.


* Watching Gehrig teaching his younger siblings all about the things he learned in his Human Anatomy book he's reading.

* Watching all four kids playing in their "garden" spot (the place Gehrig & Damian planted corn and cucumbers---patiently waiting to see life).

* Listening to Isaiah say, "I DID it!" after he uses the potty.

* Watching Isaiah whip "it" out to relieve himself outside (shame, shame--I'll teach him when he's fully potty trained. Right now, I'm just glad he's keeping himself dry.)

* Watching Isaiah crack up when I keep the door open a crack to make sure he stays in bed. I watch his face as he knows that as soon as his foot hits the floor, I'm coming in to put him back in bed. He laughs & thinks it's a game. I think it's better than hearing his head banging against the door.

* The smell of freshly bathed children at the end of a busy day!

* The way when Emma is asked to do something that shows responsibility like clear, rinse & load her plate, she responds, "Oh, (insert giggle) yeah! Sure."

* When Gehrig asks about rocks and I lead him to an online class that he reads and teaches his brother--and loves what he learns even though when I first directed him to his lesson he asked me, "Mom, how come whenever I show you something, you turn it into school?"


* Watching Emma & Isaiah going down the slide together, arms around each other--hoping against hope that they don't go over the edge at the top of the slide!





Posted by Picasa

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 6:10 PM, Blogger Camille said...

Those are some great highlights! Way to focus on the positive!

 
At 7:01 AM, Blogger Katie said...

I'm so glad you're blogging again! I've missed your kids! I love the pics of E and I going down the slide together! What fun friends!

 
At 7:39 AM, Blogger barrettandaudrey said...

Wow, so many cute things! It looks like life is great, I am glad!

 
At 10:30 PM, Blogger Elena said...

Awwwwww! Goodness, Isaiah is as big as Emma!! And way to go on the potty training!

 
At 10:11 AM, Blogger Claudia said...

These kids are so darling! What fun shots you have to give you warm fuzzies when you are feeling overwhelmed with the BIG job of motherhood!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home