Sunday, November 08, 2009

Basketball

'Tis the season for basketball. Lou finally joined another community league (after a several year absence), so we're enjoying watching him every Wednesday night. And for the first time, I put the boys in basketball. They started last week with their first practice on Tuesday and first game on Thursday. There are only two teams in their league and I had them put on different teams, so they will play each other every week. As it turned out, they were never on the court at the same time (probably a good thing). I can't tell you how much fun it was for me to watch them run up and down the court with great big beaming smiles (look at Damian in that first picture). They had so much fun and they were so fun to watch. I can't wait for their dad to find some time to give them a bit of at-home coaching. I hope they continue to enjoy basketball because I will be their biggest fan! I love watching all my boys play!!
Gehrig even went for a shot or two (didn't see him make one in the game, but I saw him make a couple when he was practicing).
Gehrig caught a rebound here, I think--or was it a pass? Anyway. . .look at the grin on his face.
I know this is random, but I had to put in a picture of the Snow White pumpkin I finally carved for Emma (what, a week after Halloween?). She got in her Snow White dress and enjoyed admiring it (even though it was a pretty sloppy job--I never really was in the mood to carve this year). And, I was looking at my sister's blog and saw the cutest hair style on her little girl. So. . .I had to copy it on Emma. Funny thing. . .I was looking at my other sister's blog and she copied her too! It's so fun that we all have little girls that we can get creative with.
Posted by Picasa

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 10:25 PM, Blogger Camille said...

How fun that they are playing basketball! I bet it's too cute!

I LOVE Emma's hair that way! It's such a cute style.

 
At 5:20 PM, Blogger Katie said...

What a darling picture of Emma! Her hair looks so cute in that style...much better with the curly hair! And the pumpkin is really cute!

I love how you can see Gehrig smiling from behind! Cute pictures. That will be fun to watch them play each other!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home